Use Of Force, Bill Of Rights, And Criminal Defenses
A controversial issue today in the American legal system is the justification of the use of force by police officers, given the actions and conduct of citizens. In this assignment, you will explore the requirements for use of force, constitutional rights pursuant to the Bill of Rights when it comes to free speech, and criminal defenses justifying actions.
Write a 2–3-page paper in which you:
- Specify the key requirements for police officers in determining the lawfulness of the use of force in making an arrest and what is meant by "reasonableness."
- Evaluate how free speech rights clash with the rights of others and the need for public order today.
- Argue for or against the regulation of the First Amendment when it comes to speech that could or might incite “imminent lawless action or conduct.”
- Analyze the defenses within today's criminal law system.
- Evaluate the fairness of the common law defense of necessity when citizens use deadly force.
- Use at least three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Write clearly and concisely in a manner that is grammatically correct and generally free of spelling, typographical, formatting, and/or punctuation errors.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the value of the use of force, the Bill of Rights in the United States law system, and criminal defense methods.
TIP: You can earn or have assignments done for free through our affiliate program. Register Now to get your affiliate link. When friends place orders using your affiliate link, you will earn 15% of the amount they spend forever.
Q: Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)See More »
Q: Concepts Of HealthSee More »
Q: Predicted Use Of Sql In All Types Of Databases Of The FutureSee More »
Q: Character DevelopmentSee More »
Q: Technology In EducationSee More »
Q: Adverse Drug EventSee More »
Q: Infographic Part 2See More »
Q: Business Finance QuestionSee More »
Q: Work Of ArtSee More »
Q: The Affordable Care Act And BeyondSee More »
Q: Health Promotion And Disease PreventionSee More »
Q: Dissertation Topic Selection (Ph.D. Information Technology)See More »
Q: Healthcare Systems LeadershipSee More »
Q: Sustainable Living Guide Contributions: Sustaining Our Agricultural ResourcesSee More »
Q: NegotiationSee More »