Sustainable Living Guide Contributions: Sustaining Our Agricultural Resources
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 3 and 4 in your course textbook. The purpose of this assignment is twofold: first, to enable you to explore a term (concept, technique, place, etc.) related to this week’s theme of sustaining our agricultural resources; second, to provide your second contribution to a collective project, the Class Sustainable Living Guide. Your work this week, and in the weeks that follow, will be gathered (along with that of your peers) into a master document you will receive a few days after the end of the course. The document will provide everyone with a variety of ideas for how we can all live more sustainably in our homes and communities.
To complete this assignment,
- Select a term from the list of choices in the Week 2 - Term Selection Table ( Urban Farming) located in the course. Type your name in the table, next to the word that you would like to choose.
- Download the Week 2 Assignment Templat]Download Week 2 Assignment Templateavailable in the course and replace the guiding text with your own words based upon your online research.
- Please do not include a cover page. All references, however, should be cited in your work and listed at the end, following APA Style expectations.
In the template, you will
- Define the term thoroughly, in your own words.
- Explain the importance of the term using evidence.
- Discuss how the term affects living things and the physical world.
- Suggest two specific actions that you and your peers might take to promote environmental sustainability in relation to the term.
- Explain exactly how those actions will aid in safeguarding our environment in relation to your chosen term.
- Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
The Sustainable Living Guide Contributions: Sustaining Our Agricultural Resources paper
- Must be a minimum of three paragraphs in length (not including title, any quoted text, or references) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.)
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two credible and/or scholarly sources in addition to the course text. To receive optimal credit, use at least one scholarly source from a peer-reviewed academic journal. To aid you in your research, and particularly in locating scholarly sources via the University of Arizona Global Campus Library or using Google Scholar, please review the following University of Arizona Global Campus videos and tutorials:
- Scholarly and Popular Resources (Links to an external site.)
- Database Search Tips (Links to an external site.)
- University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick 'n' Dirty (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
- Accessing full text and citation in Google Scholar: SCI207 - Google Scholar (Links to an external site.)
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Week 2 Assignment Template
Sustainable Living Guide Contributions, Part Two of Four:
Sustaining our Agricultural Resources
Instructions: Using the term that you have selected from the list provided in the classroom, please complete the following three-paragraph essay. Write a minimum of 5 to 7 well-crafted, original sentences per paragraph. In your response, you are expected to cite and reference, in APA format, at least two outside sources in addition to the class text. The sources must be credible (from experts in the field of study); at least one scholarly source (published in a peer-reviewed academic journal) is strongly encouraged. Delete all instructions before submitting your work to Waypoint.
Your Term: [type your term here]
[First Paragraph: Thoroughly define your term, using your own words to do so. In your definition, be sure explain why the term is important to know. Be as specific as possible and provide examples as necessary to support your ideas.]
[Second Paragraph: Discuss how the term affects living beings (including humans) and/or the physical environment. Provide examples as needed.]
[Third Paragraph: Suggest two clear, specific actions that you and the other students might take to promote environmental sustainability in relation to this term. Be creative and concrete with your suggestions. For example, you might recommend supporting a particular organization that is active in the field of your term. Explain exactly how those actions will aid in safeguarding our environment in relation to your chosen term.]
References: Following your essay, list all references you cited, in APA format.
After proofreading your assignment carefully, please submit your work to Waypoint for evaluation.
TIP: You can earn or have assignments done for free through our affiliate program. Register Now to get your affiliate link. When friends place orders using your affiliate link, you will earn 15% of the amount they spend forever.
Q: NegotiationSee More »
Q: Journal Article Summary & DiscussionSee More »
Q: Deconstructing ArgumentSee More »
Q: Information LiteracySee More »
Q: GlobalizationSee More »
Q: Ethics In Public Health Case StudySee More »
Q: Nursing DimensionSee More »
Q: The Role Of Various Groups In EntrepreneurshipSee More »
Q: Information System ManagementSee More »
Q: Compensation And Benefits 2See More »
Q: Strategic Importance AssessmentSee More »
Q: Risk AppetiteSee More »
Q: Compensation And BenefitsSee More »
Q: Hiring - Week 5 DiscussionSee More »
Q: Revenue Recognition.See More »