Ethical Scenario Presentation
- In this assignment, you will analyze the relationship between ethics and health care research. You will demonstrate your research skills by applying them to an ethical scenario you choose. While most health care managers do not conduct research, being able to evaluate research and apply it to situations, such as the ethical concerns presented in this assignment, are a valuable part of the effective management and adaptable leadership needed in the health care industry.
Select 1 of the following ethical scenarios:
- A company uses patient DNA for research without the patient's knowledge or consent.
- A nonprofit organization sells fetal tissue for research. (Note: Do not assume this is illegal; this may be legal in some states or jurisdictions.)
- Management invites researchers onto a health care research project who do not have the institutional review board's (IRB) approval or exemption.
- An oncology clinical trials coordinator is conducting a research study and selects a relative who has the cancer under investigation. The relative is placed in the group receiving the experimental drug.
- Search the University Library for at least 3 peer-reviewed research articles that relate to the ethical concerns of your chosen scenario or to the process step at which ethical issues may have begun.
15-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes in which you:
- Identify the ethical concern and at what step in the scenario the ethical concern(s) occurred.
- Explain how evidence-based research can eliminate or minimize ethical concerns in the health care industry.
- Compare and contrast research studies and quality-management projects as they relate to the health care industry.
- Explain external factors that have an impact on the ethical concern in the scenario.
- Include a title slide, detailed speaker notes explaining the content for each slide, and a reference slide. The title slide and reference slide are not part of the count.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed references to support your presentation.
Format your citations and references according to APA guidelines.
- Research Article Links
TIP: You can earn or have assignments done for free through our affiliate program. Register Now to get your affiliate link. When friends place orders using your affiliate link, you will earn 15% of the amount they spend forever.
Q: Business Finance MarketingSee More »
Q: Mental HealthSee More »
Q: Website ComparisonSee More »
Q: Theoretical Week 4See More »
Q: Health AssessmentSee More »
Q: Data ScientistSee More »
Q: Legal TrailblazerSee More »
Q: ProjectSee More »
Q: Individual Data ReportSee More »
Q: Analyze The Assessment Of A Special PopulationSee More »
Q: Challenges In The Business EnvironmentSee More »
Q: PreviewSee More »
Q: Role Of Informatics In Patient Care OutcomeSee More »
Q: Compare And Contrast Use And Abuse Of Prescribed AnalgesicsSee More »
Q: Race And EthnicitySee More »