What is the TV Show “Shark Tank?”
Budding entrepreneurs get the chance to bring their dreams to fruition in this reality show from executive producer Mark Burnett. They present their ideas to the sharks in the tank – typically five titans of industry who made their own dreams a reality and turned their ideas into lucrative empires. The contestants try to convince any one of the sharks to invest money in their idea. When more than one of the sharks decide they want a piece of the action, a bidding war can erupt, driving up the price of the investment.
Select a rather current Shark Tank Episode (if possible) - go to https://abc.com/shows/shark-tank/episode-guide, https://abc.com/shows/shark-tank, ABC on-demand, or find episodes online (YouTube, etc.). Choose one of the products or businesses presented and discuss the following based on the feasibility of a potential business. Integrate concepts from chapters covered throughout the semester. Please note the season #, episode #, date aired of show used.
- Overview of Product or Business Proposed
- Type of Business (Sole Proprietorship, Partnerships, Corporate, Franchise, etc.)
- Business Environment (Briefly discuss the following environments, if relevant: Economic and Legal Environment; Technological Environment; Competitive Environment; Social Environment; Global Environment)
- Business Management Considerations (Organizational, Managerial or Leadership Issues; Production and Operations Management)
- Marketing Considerations (Four Ps, Marketing Concept / Plans, Marketing Research, etc.)
- Financial Considerations (Is there a financial plan?; Is it realistic?; Are funds requested feasible?; Will this product make money? Etc.)
- Ethical Issues (if any)
- How was the presentation to the Sharks? Discuss entrepreneur's knowledge of product; presentation demeanor; was the presentation engaging, creative, persuasive, etc.?
- Would you fund the product or business proposal? Explain why or why not?
All papers must be typed in Word, double-spaced using Times New Roman 12 pt. font, with one-inch margins all around. The length of the paper should be at least 4 to 5 complete pages (not part of a page). The paper must include an introduction, body, and conclusion. Use headings to better guide the reader. Topics outlined above.
TIP: You can earn or have assignments done for free through our affiliate program. Register Now to get your affiliate link. When friends place orders using your affiliate link, you will earn 15% of the amount they spend forever.
Q: Identify True WorshiperSee More »
Q: Defining SynthesisSee More »
Q: Program CritiqueSee More »
Q: Use Of Force, Bill Of Rights, And Criminal DefensesSee More »
Q: Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)See More »
Q: Concepts Of HealthSee More »
Q: Predicted Use Of Sql In All Types Of Databases Of The FutureSee More »
Q: Character DevelopmentSee More »
Q: Technology In EducationSee More »
Q: Adverse Drug EventSee More »
Q: Infographic Part 2See More »
Q: Business Finance QuestionSee More »
Q: Work Of ArtSee More »
Q: The Affordable Care Act And BeyondSee More »
Q: Health Promotion And Disease PreventionSee More »